Life is short, surround yourself with some good cookies! Make these easy yet scrumptious Coconut cookies using Good Graze coconut sugar and virgin coconut oil.
- 2 cups white whole wheat flour or regular whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon fine sea salt
- ⅔ cup Good Graze coconut sugar
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup plus 1 tbsp Good Graze virgin coconut oil
- ¼ cup water
- In a bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Whisk to combine
- In a large bowl, combine the coconut sugar, regular sugar, virgin coconut oil and water. Whisk until the sugar has incorporated into the oil and the mixture is smooth, about 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the flour mixture to the sugar mixture, then stir just until combined and no more flour is visible (don’t overdo it)
- Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper for easy cleanup. Fill an ice cream scoop two-thirds with dough (or spoon the mixture into even 2-inch mounds), and place the dough onto one of the prepared sheets. Repeat with remaining dough, leaving several inches of space around each cookie.
- Freeze the cookies on their pans for 30 minutes, or chill them for up to 24 hours in the refrigerator
- When you are ready to bake, preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Bake until the edges are just starting to turn golden, about 14 to 17 minutes.
Let the cookies cool. Sprinkle some desiccated coconut and you are done!