The bond with grandmom's is always super special, and we're big fans of the way they show their unconditional love - by feeding us.
Here's a recipe for grandmom's favourite candy, Kamarkattu made with only 3-ingredients that are readily available at home.
- 1 cup Good Graze coconut jaggery cubes
- ½ cup Good Graze desiccated coconut
- 1 tbsp ghee
- Gently roast the desiccated coconut in ghee until it’s slightly golden and set aside
- Dissolve the coconut jaggery cubes in water over heat and stir until it’s just dissolved
- Strain the liquid to remove any dirt or impurities
- Add the coconut jaggery mixture back into the pan and stir until it becomes thick and nicely sticky
- Add the desiccated coconut to it and stir until it comes together as a lump
- Switch off the heat and make into small balls while it’s still hot
- Once cooled, the kamarkattu will get hard like a candy